I Am Waiting on Benefits

I Am Waiting on Benefits

There could be a few reasons why you are still waiting on your benefits. Continue to file your biweekly claims while you try to figure out what is happening with your application.

Reasons why your benefits may be held up:

The government may be processing your payments

This can take a long time.

You did not make enough money to get benefits

If you do not make enough money, you may not be financially eligible for benefits. The government will send you a notice in your portal or a letter in the mail to tell you if you made enough money to get benefits.

The government is looking over your reason for losing work

This is called your “separation from employment.” The government looks over your reason if you voluntarily quit your job or were discharged by your employer.

You have an overpayment on your account

The government might be taking your benefits to pay off that overpayment.

How to figure out what is going on with your application:

Email [email protected]

Email [email protected] with questions or information about your claim and eligibility. You can also attach documents to your email (for example, a doctor’s note showing you have been released to perform light duty work). The Department can be slow to respond to emails but will get back to you.

Call the UC Service Center

You can also call the UC Service Center at 888-313-7284. Due to a staff shortage at the Service Center, you may experience busy signals and/or long delays. Keep trying.

Check Your Online Portal and Mail Regularly

After you file your application, check your online portal and your mail regularly for notices regarding your unemployment benefits. After you receive your claim confirmation letter and your Notice of Financial Determination, you should file an initial claim. You may also receive follow up notices from the government after you get your confirmation letter that finds you eligible or ineligible for benefits, most often related to the reason you stopped working. This letter is called a Notice of Determination. If you get a Notice of Determination, appeal immediately and contact a free legal provider in your area.