Reporting PUA Fraud

Reporting PUA Fraud

Do you think someone filed for PUA benefits in your name?

If you suspect or know that someone used your information to file for benefits, you can report them to the Department of Labor and Industry.

To report PUA identity theft:


You can call the PA Fraud Hotline at

If you did not apply for benefits and received a US Bank ReliaCard in the mail:

1. Do not activate the card. 

2. Email a picture of the back of the US Bank RealiaCard OR the number on the back of the card (not the front) to [email protected].

1. Return the UC Bank ReliaCard by mail to: 

  • Pennsylvania Treasury Department
    651 Boas Street
    Room 400 L&I Building
    Harrisburg, PA 17120

2. Include a brief signed statement with the reason you are returning the card. In the statement, you should include your name, address, last four digits of your social security number, phone number, and email address.

I received a PUA 1099-G and I never applied for benefits. Do I need to report the income on that form to the IRS?

No. Both the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry and the U.S. Department of Labor have stated that individuals who received PUA 1099-Gs for fraudulent claims do not need to report the income.  You should report the fraudulent claim to the Department of Labor and Industry and you will eventually receive a corrected 1099-G.


Review resources from the U.S. Department of Labor on reporting identity theft in the unemployment program.